One of the trickiest parts of driving in Portugal is mastering driving through 'Roundabouts', where you may have six or more roadsleading off or into the roundabout. Double World Roundabout in Albufeira Old Town Many tourists seeing the roundabouts for the first time are terrified of how to conquer them and they are often totally confused. Just remember these rules :
- The car on the roundabout always has priority.
- To go off the roundabout you must be on the right hand lane.
- NEVER change lanes at the last moment, take it easyand rather go around again to reach your exit safely
- Change lanes slowly.
- Make sure to ALWAYS check your rear view mirror, and single when changing lanes.
- Many accidents occur when tourists suddenly make a lane change in a roundabout, to get off an exit.
- Some roundabouts are really beautiful, and some are no more than heaps of rocks.